Hidden away on a remote island in the Myeik Archipelago, off the southern coast of Myanmar, Wa Ale Resort offers a unique and exclusive tented villa experience in a lush tropical beach setting. The beautifully designed villas, set in the canopy of trees, or on the beach, are custom designed for an immersive experience surrounded by untouched nature and unobstructed views of the sparkling Andaman Sea. Spend your days exploring unchartered aquatic and jungle habitats or simply basking in the serene natural beauty of the resort’s protected bay, swimming in the warm azure waters or walking barefoot along the pristine white sand beach.
Resort activities include snorkeling among nearby reefs and caves (diving is also available for a supplementary fee), kayaking or paddle boarding through rivers and mangrove forests, jungle trekking to explore the island’s unique indigenous flora and fauna, island hopping in the Lampi Marine National Park or learning about turtle conservation and other projects that are helping to protect this region’s wildlife and ecosystem. A private massage can also be arranged in your villa (supplementary fee applies).
Please note: Wa Ale Island Resort is located in Lampi Marine National Park. The resort is committed to maintaining the natural ecosystems, existing in harmony with the native flora and fauna. This means that you may encounter some of the natural wildlife, but the resort staff will ensure your safety at all times. The resort is not recommended for people with limited mobility as there are no facilities for disabled access. The resort is supplied with filtered water sourced from a natural spring, which is suitable for drinking directly from the tap.
Types of Rooms
- Tented Beach Villa (220 square meters / 2,368 square feet)
- Treetop Villa (78 square meters / 840 square feet)
- Beach Bungalow - a spacious three-bedroom hideaway (250 square meters / 2,690 square feet)
- The Beach House - an exclusive four-bedroom retreat (700 square meters / 7,535 square feet)
- Tented Beach Villas have a private enclosed garden and large front deck with ocean views, spacious living area, ensuite bathroom with outdoor shower
- Treetop Villas are set amidst a canopy of trees and offer ocean views from a spacious balcony
- Beach Bungalows and The Beach House come with private butler, housekeeping staff, customized meals served in the accommodation, access to the hill-top jungle gym and private in-house massages