COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
International Travel Status
Open - Jordan reopened its borders for International guests on 10 September 2020.
Access into Jordan
As confirmed by the Jordan Civil Aviation Regulatory Commission (JCARC), International scheduled flights are allowed to operate from/to Jordanian airports.
Entry into the country is via Queen Alia International Airport. All land and sea borders remain closed to international travelers and we do not have an exact date for when these boarders will resume operations.
The following set of requirements are relevant for inbound flights:
- Airlines are responsible for ensuring that before boarding, each passenger has a negative PCR test conducted within 72 hours prior to the scheduled time of arrival, as well as health insurance for non-Jordanians, and that they have downloaded the AMAN Mobile Application.
- PCR test is required upon arrival. The amount to be collected from passengers by the airline as EMD (electronic miscellaneous document).
- PCR test is not required for children below 5 years of age.
- Submit passenger Health Declaration and Locator form provided by the airline.
- Any passenger who departed the UK less than 14 days prior to the departure to Jordan will not be allowed to enter Jordan.
- Any passenger giving falsified or incorrect information is subject to a fine of 10,000 JDs.
- International transfer passengers are allowed at Jordanian Airports providing:
- Negative PCR test is required within 72 hours prior to the scheduled time of arrival.
- The planned transfer time is not exceeding 10 hours.
Please also note the following:
- Guests will be subjected to COVID-19 tests if anyone on their flight begins to display symptoms while in-country.
- Passengers arriving into Jordan and proving to be positive for COVID-19 are not allowed entry to Jordan. For those who test positive at a later stage after being allowed entry to Jordan, then there is a governmental facility for quarantine. Positive cases are isolated in certain governmental hospitals (one in Amman and one in the city of Irbid). Requirements to be cleared from quarantine is proving negative in PCR tests after treatment.
- Masks are utilized and mandatory. The government is imposing fines for non-compliance.
- Social distancing must be practiced.
- 50% capacity limits are currently placed on vehicles, restaurants and hotels.
RT- PCR tests are available in Jordan at labs approved by the Jordanian Ministry of Health. The cost of testing differs depending on the service provided and is based on the Ministry of Health pricing. Tests can be paid for either in cash or by credit card at the testing facility.
RT-PCR tests are available at local governmental labs, local private labs, drive throughs and some labs provide mobile testing (private specimen pickup from place of residence for guests). The cost and payment method differs according to the chosen service. Most labs are open from 09:00 to 17:00. For tests done through private labs the turnaround time for results is 24 hours (whether testing is performed at the lab premises or by mobile testing).
At the time of the test, the guest provides their passport copy, and then they take the test. A QR Code is given to the guest, so they can access the result without the need to return to the lab. Some labs in Jordan communicate the initial test results through PDF sent via text message (WhatsApp). However, some labs require individuals to pick up a hard copy of the results. For travel purposes, labs provide a stamped test result.
We are merely acting as a facilitator in order to assist Guests who require a COVID-19 test. Guests are solely liable for settling all COVID-19 related fees and costs which are paid for on the ground at the time of testing. All testing is carried out by third parties with no association or affiliation to us and we are not liable or responsible for any issues, delays or problems encountered during the testing process or the performance or non-performance of the testing facilities.
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.