COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
International Travel Status
Open - Uganda reopened its borders to international tourists on 1 October 2020.
Access into Uganda
Entebbe International Airport is open and so are the land borders.
- All travelers are required to have a negative COVID-19 certificate taken 120 hours before arrival or departure.
- All arriving passengers, including children, from the following countries will be subject to a mandatory PCR COVID-19 test regardless of vaccination status : India, USA, UK, UAE, Turkey, South Africa, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan and Tanzania. The test costs USD 65.
- All guests MUST have a negative PCR test not more than 120 hours old to leave the country.
- A maximum of eight (8) trackers shall be allowed to trek a gorilla group per day.
- A maximum of six (6) trackers shall be allowed to trek a chimpanzee group at a time.
- Trackers must keep a distance of not less than 10 meters (32 feet) away from the gorillas and chimpanzees during this period.
- All trackers and porters must wear masks.
- Face masks are compulsory when out in public places and physical distancing of 2 meters must be followed.
We are able to arrange PCR testing required for onward travels.
Entebbe: PCR tests are organized at all the properties in the area: Protea Hotel Entebbe, Hotel No.5, The Boma Hotel, Serena Lake Victoria Hotel & Spa. Results are returned in 12 to 24 hours. Test costs USD 65 per person. Transport is USD 35 for 5 guests (can be split between the group). Cash or credit cards are accepted.
We are merely acting as a facilitator in order to assist Guests who require a COVID-19 test. Guests are solely liable for settling all COVID-19 related fees and costs which are paid for on the ground at the time of testing. All testing is carried out by third parties with no association or affiliation to us and we are not liable or responsible for any issues, delays or problems encountered during the testing process or the performance or non-performance of the testing facilities.
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.