COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
International Travel Status
Open - Uganda reopened its borders to international tourists on 1 October 2020.
Access into Uganda
Entebbe International Airport is open and so are the land borders.
- All travelers into and out of Uganda will be required to show proof of vaccination. Travelers under the age of 5 years are exempt from this requirement.
- Fully vaccinated travelers are exempt from the requirement of a negative PCR test certificate taken 72 hours before arrival or departure, except where it is a requirement for the destination country or carrier airline.
- Travelers with partial or no vaccination will be required to present a negative PCR test done within 72 hours of arrival or departure. Travelers under the age of 5 years are exempt from this requirement.
- For partially vaccinated and unvaccinated guests, the departure test will need to be taken in either the hotels in Bwindi (USD 50 per person return time 12 hours) or Kampala or Entebbe at a cost of USD 65 per person plus a facilitation fee of USD 35. Results are released in 4 to 24 hours. Express test option: USD 100 per person plus USD 35 facilitation fee - results released in 4 hours.
- All travelers are required to have a yellow fever certificate to enter into Uganda.
- A maximum of eight (8) trackers shall be allowed to trek a gorilla group per day.
- A maximum of six (6) trackers shall be allowed to trek a chimpanzee group at a time.
- Trackers must keep a distance of not less than 10 meters (32 feet) away from the gorillas and chimpanzees during this period.
- All trackers and porters must wear masks.
- Face masks are compulsory when out in public places and physical distancing of 2 meters must be followed.
We are able to arrange PCR testing required for onward travels.
Entebbe: PCR tests are organized at all the properties in the area: Protea Hotel Entebbe, Hotel No.5, The Boma Hotel, Serena Lake Victoria Hotel & Spa. Results are returned in 6 to 24 hours. Test costs USD 65 per person. Transport is USD 35 for 5 guests (can be split between the group). Cash and credit cards are accepted.
Bwindi: COVID PCR testing is available at Bwindi Hospital at a cost of $50 per person. The turnaround time for tests is 12 hours.
We are only acting as a facilitator to assist guests who are booked on a safari with us to acquire their COVID-19 test. All testing is carried out by third parties with no association or affiliation to us and we are not liable or responsible for any issues, delays or problems encountered during the testing process or the performance or non-performance of the testing facilities.
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.