COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
International Travel Status
Open - Botswana reopen its borders for International guests on 9 November 2020.
Access into Botswana
Entry into the country is through Sir Seretse Khama International Airport in Gaborone, Maun International Airport and Kasane International Airport.
Airlines flying into the Country
- Private Charter Flights
- Air Botswana
- Ethiopian Airlines
Land boarders will reopen on 1 December 2020 and will be phased in, beginning with Kazangula Road, Kazangula Ferry, Ngoma Ramokgwebana, Martins Drift, Ramatlabama, Tlokweng, Mamuno, Pioneer and Mohembo.
- All guests arriving must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate in English, obtained within 72 hours from time of departure to Botswana. No electronic copies are accepted.
- Guests will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms on arrival.
- Guest need to adhere to COVID-19 prevention measures that include wearing masks and practicing social distancing of 1.5 meters (4.9 feet).
We are able to arrange PCR testing required for onward travels.
- Okavango Delta lodges and camps: A qualified practitioner is able to fly into selected lodges and camps to conduct the required PCR test. Test results will be emailed to the guests. It is required to have the test conducted at least 24 hours before departure out of Botswana. Results will be available within 12 hours. Testing can be done Monday to Friday from 07:30 - 16:45. Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 - 14:45 . Approximate cost: US$250 per person. Payment is made on check-out.
- Maun Airport Testing: There are testing facilities available at Maun Airport. It is required to have the test conducted at least 24 hours before departure out of Botswana. Results will be available within 12 hours. Guests will therefore have to overnight in Maun if tested at the Airport. Approximate cost: US$100 per person.
Guests are liable for all COVID-19 related costs which is paid for on the ground at the time of testing. In most cases these can be paid for by credit card however we suggest traveling with extra cash in case credit card facilities are not available.
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.