COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
International Travel Status
Open – Peru reopened its air borders on October 5th 2020. Maritime and Land borders remain closed..
As of January 4th the Peruvian Government decided to implement a 14-day compulsory isolation for those entering Peru, including all foreigners, residents and nationals.
Access into Peru
Entry into the country is allowed by air travel into Lima’s Jorge Chavez Airport (LIM), Arequipa's Rodríguez Ballón Airport (AAP) and Trujillo's Capitán FAP Carlos Martínez de Pinillos (TRU).
- Isolation will take place at home, at the Panamerican Village (Lima's Central Hospital) or an authorized hotel.
- A negative-PCR test taken with a 72-hour window prior to arrival, must be shown to the immigration authorities. New tests are not required for domestic travel.
- Peru is operating international flights to/from Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia and Chile.
- Restaurants are working at reduced capacity.
- Wearing facemasks in public places is mandatory. Face shields are mandatory for flights (domestic/international) and public buses.
- Screenings are performed when entering most places. This includes temperature checks, hand sanitizing and keeping a 2-meter (6 feet) physical distance.
We can arrange PCR testing for onwards travel as follows:
Tests can be done at a private laboratory, for USD 120 a test. For this, an appointment must be made 3 to 4 days before the desired testing date. Results will be reverted within 12 to 24 hours.
Since tests are only performed at hospitals, they are for free and no appointment is needed, although long lanes can be expected. Results will be reverted within 3 to 4 days.
We are merely acting as a facilitator in order to assist Guests who require a COVID-19 test. Guests are solely liable for settling all COVID-19 related fees and costs which are paid for on the ground at the time of testing. All testing is carried out by third parties with no association or affiliation to us and we are not liable or responsible for any issues, delays or problems encountered during the testing process or the performance or non-performance of the testing facilities.
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.