COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
International Travel Status
Open – Brazil reopened its borders to international travel on July 30th 2020.
Access into Brazil
Entry into the country is allowed by air travel into various international airports, including São Paulo (GRU), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Fortaleza (FOR) and Manaus (MAO).
*UPDATE (25 December 2020) Brazil has temporarily suspended all flights from or via the UK. Entry to Brazil by non-resident foreign nationals by air is permitted, however as of 25 December 2020, Brazil has temporarily suspended permission for those who have been in the UK during the previous 14 days to embark any flight to Brazil.
- Brazil no longer requires proof of health insurance to enter the country, the U.S. Department of State continues to recommend that all travelers purchase insurance before departing the United States.
- As of December 30th 2020 a negative PCR test, taken no more than 72 hours prior to travel, will be necessary to board flights to Brazil.
- Brazil does not require self-quarantine on arrival, unless passengers are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Brazil does not have a curfews in place however some local jurisdictions may enact movement restrictions or require bars/restaurants to a certain times.
- Health Screening are in place in public areas including airports, hotels and major tourist attractions. They generally consist of temperature checks and require the use of face masks.
PCR testing is offered in all major cities with international ports of entry, including Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Manaus, Fortaleza and Salvador, as follows:
Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo
We have contacts with laboratories that offer testing that can be performed either at residences or hotels.
- PCR test (nasal swab): it takes 2-4 days for results to be delivered, and the cost is USD 100 a test.
- Serological test (blood test): it takes 24 hours for the results to be delivered, and the cost is USD 100 a test.
- Rapid serological test (quick blood test): it takes 15 minutes for the tests to deliver results. Although they have not proven to be 100% effective and reliable, they are also available at USD 70 a test.
We are merely acting as a facilitator in order to assist Guests who require a COVID-19 test. Guests are solely liable for settling all COVID-19 related fees and costs which are paid for on the ground at the time of testing. All testing is carried out by third parties with no association or affiliation to us and we are not liable or responsible for any issues, delays or problems encountered during the testing process or the performance or non-performance of the testing facilities.
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.