COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
International Travel Status
Open - Zambia reopened its borders to International guests on 1 September 2020.
Access into Zambia
Entry into the country is through Kenneth Kaunda International Airport in Lusaka and Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport in Livingstone. Land Borders remain closed.
Airlines flying into the Country
• Ethiopian Airlines
• Kenya Airways
- All guests arriving must present a negative SARS Cov-2 test certificate in English, obtained within the previous seven days. No electronic copies will be accepted.
- Guest Health Questionnaires will be provided to all airlines entering Zambia. These will be provided on-board for guests to complete which they need to hand to a health official on arrival at the airport.
- Guests will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms on arrival.
- Guest need to adhere to COVID-19 prevention measures that include wearing masks and practicing social distancing of 1.5 meters (4.9 feet).
We are able to arrange PCR testing required for onward travels.
Livingstone: PCR Testing is done at the Livingstone Teaching Central Hospital. We are able to make an appointment for the test and transfer guests to and from the hospital. Testing times are subject to availability. Results will be available in 48 hours. We will collect the results and deliver to the guests at their hotel, lodge or camp. Approximate cost: $260 per person including transfer to and from the hospital.
- Livingstone lodges: A qualified practitioner is able to go to selected lodges and camps to conduct the required PCR test. Test results will be emailed to the guests. Payment is made on check-out
Lusaka: PCR Testing is done at a Private Clinic. We are able to transfer guests to and from the clinic. Results will be available in 48 hours. Approximate cost: $250 per person including transfer to and from the hospital.
Guests are liable for all COVID-19 related costs which is paid for on the ground at the time of testing. In most cases these can be paid for by credit card however we suggest traveling with extra cash in case credit card facilities are not available.
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.